SC-300 SO2 & pH/TA Analyzer Kit (Vinmetrica)
The SC-300 analyzer gives accurate SO2, pH and TA values. Kit includes everything to perform about 50 sulfite tests and 30 TA tests: both electrodes, all reagents, pipettes, syringe and beaker.
Ultimate Winemaker’s Companion.
One lean, mean wine analyzing machine. The SC-300 combines the SO2 detection of the SC-100 and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument.
It’s built on the same hardware and software as our other two analyzers, so the accuracy is superb. And it’s just as easy to use – The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when you’re tests are done!
Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Wine Testing Kit –
Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2),
pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
- SO2 reagents
- pH/TA reagents
- Two titration beakers
- Two 5 mL syringes
- Two transfer pipettes
- a SO2 electrode
- a pH electrode
- 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
- 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
- The SC-300 Operating Manual
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test
- 1. Attach SO2 electrode, press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
- 2. Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
- 3. Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
- 4. Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
- 5. Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
- 6. Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
Simple pH Test
- 1. Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- 2. Press the power button then press the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-300 into ‘Cal’ mode.
- 3. Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-300 in pH mode.
- 4. Take a 5 mL sample of
wine, place it in the beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
- 1. For the TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- 2. Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- 3. Put SC-300 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- 4. Add TA Titrant from the
syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicated
with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- 5. Multiply the titration
volume by 2, the TA conversion factor,
results in g/L Tartaric Acid.